Who is this for?
Individuals who want to become a Finance Manager, or reach a senior position in finance, or just to develop your finance skills
What will you gain after 5 months?
- Financial accounting and administration knowledge & expertise
- Valuable experience of working in a business with customers and suppliers
- Property Management & Lettings experience
- The necessary training, efficient appraisal system and non-stop mentoring under the guidance of Senior staff;
- Potential job opportunities for exceptional performers for a full time position
Raan Investments Ltd trading as Luxome is a rapidly expanding company specialising in the acquisition & refurbishment of property for affluent students and young professional’s. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals to work directly with the senior management and directors. The individual will have a chance to learn and grow in a dynamic fast moving environment where they will have a chance to work on real live projects and influence the decisions made at both a strategic and practical level.
The company will offer a full training & Internship programme to an enthusiastic and self motivated person with good organisational and customer service skills.
Managing Director, Marketing Director, Sales Director, Financial Director & Operational team
Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm, 3/4 hour for lunch. We do insist on taking regular break to get some fresh air and to keep you focused.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Working on the accounting systems – recording debtors, creditors, invoicing
- Ledger control, payment collections, maintaining records
- Working on Cost Accounting, utility management, cost management;
- Preparing a monthly / bi-monthly business review information
- Other Accounting & Financial Strategic related activities, Strategic analysis duties and tasks that may be asked of you in relation to the business;
- Book keeping, purchase ledger and sales ledger management;
- General administrative duties to ensure the day to day business runs effectively
- Additional projects agreed to meet your personal internship & development goals
- A degree or qualification in an adequate area (Business Studies, Accounting, Finance, Management Studies, Business Activities, etc.);
- A self motivated hand on proactive approach when dealing with clients and suppliers;
- Ability to prioritize your workload and following the company culture of going beyond what’s expected;
- Capability of working individually and as part of a team;
- IT skills including word processing, database, spreadsheets and email
- Excellent communication and customer service skills. Good organisation and planning skills,
- This is an unpaid position
Who will be responsible for my mentoring & training program?
This mentoring & training will be by the Aarti Takiar. Aarti is a senior director, consultant, who has over 20 years experience in the finance arena. She is accredited with an ACCA in finance & accounting.
This internship comes as recognition of development of the companies expertise in the field of finance & accounting systems and the internship will is to help develop the awareness of finance and accounting & administration within the business