The European Association of Erasmus Coordinators (EAEC) was founded in 2004 in Lodz, Poland, with an official kick off during the Erasmus Coordinators Conference ERACON 2005 in Cyprus.
The EAEC currently has more than 80 members from Europe and outside Europe.
The aims of the association are to:
- Enable information and experience exchange amongst the Erasmus Coordinators
- Promote mobility
- Circulate provisions on the Bologna Process in academic circles
- Promote principles and participation in the Erasmus+ Programme
- Support the process of raising education and quality standards in EU
- Organize seminars and conferences (ERACON Annual Conference)
- Prepare and submit project proposals to by funded by the EC
- Cooperate as a partner in EU funded projects
- Run surveys and studies on topics relating to the above
- Produce publications of interest to the members
EAEC Annual Conference
During the first General Assembly in Cyprus, June 2005, it was decided that the Erasmus Coordinators Conference and GO-Exchange Education Fair (ERACON) become an annual event. Since 2010, it was decided to be named Erasmus Congress and Exhibition.